Westside Community Schools Department of Special Services, in collaboration with local agency partners, has welcomed parents of children with a disability to join other parents to connect, collaborate, and navigate the world of special education and disability services. With the support of the district, parent-led sessions offer caregivers an opportunity to learn, ask questions, and advocate on behalf of their child. From topics such as school-based services and IEP meeting preparation to post-secondary transition and community-based resources, each session will be structured to both share information and allow for parent dialogue. All sessions, intended for parents of all ages, include a 45-minute presentation followed by approximately 30 minutes of facilitated Q&A.
Spring 2021 Parent Navigator SessionsAll sessions are hosted from 11:00 am-12:15 pm in-person at the Westside West Campus (3534 S. 108th Street. Omaha, NE 68144) or available virtually via Zoom.
- Session #1: DD Services; Now & Next - Jan. 29th
- Session #2: Preparing for Grade-Level Transition - Feb. 26th
- Session #3: The Art of Advocacy - Mar. 26th
- Session #4: Meaningful IEP Meeting Engagement - Apr. 30th
- Session #5: Need to Knows About Summer Services - May 28th
To RSVP to upcoming sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-390-2126.