In 2013, Westside Community Schools developed a 15-year Facilities Master Plan, identifying approximately $240 million dollars in work that needed to be completed throughout District 66 in the coming years. In 2014, voters approved the bond for Phase I of this plan, for $79.9 million dollars worth of work focusing on safety and security throughout all buildings and campuses, including new buildings for Sunset Hills, Oakdale, Swanson and Prairie Lane, and extensive remodeling work at Westside Middle School. All projects were completed on time and on budget.
Click here for full details of Bond Phase I.
At the February 21, 2023, Board of Education meeting, members voted unanimously to authorize Westside Community Schools to pursue Phase II of the Facilities Master Plan initially established in 2013. Extensive research and discussion involving the Westside Facilities Task Force identified top needs as part of this phase, with an estimated cost of $121 million dollars. This will be decided by our voters on May 9th through a MAIL-IN election. Phase II would include:
- new schools for Westgate Elementary, Hillside Elementary and Loveland Elementary;
- repairs and projects at Westside Middle School, Westside High School and Westbrook Elementary;
- new storm shelter, gym and early childhood areas at Paddock Road Elementary and Rockbrook Elementary;
- and handicap accessibility at the ABC Administration Building, as well as needs at Underwood Hills Early Childhood Center.
Click here for the WCS Facilities Task Force Report for Phase II
Click here for the WCS 2022 Updated Facility Audit
Click here for Phase II Building Information Tours Powerpoint Presentation
The Bond for Phase II, if passed by voters, will require Westside Community Schools to increase the tax levy by a maximum of 4.9 cents. It is important to note our current tax levy is 9.9 cents lower than it was in 2018-2019. CLICK HERE for more information regarding the Board of Education's ongoing efforts to reduce the tax levy four years in a row.
- This would add $49 of annual, additional taxes to the owner of a $100,000 home.
- This would add $98 of annual, additional taxes to the owner of a $200,000 home.
- This would add $147 of annual, additional taxes to the owner of a $300,000 home.
Westside Community Schools leaders will hold at least 25 public meetings and tours across the district throughout March, April and May, to offer as much transparency and information as possible regarding this important initiative. Please click the button on your left, Meetings & Tours, for locations, dates and times. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.